2018 Avondale’s Got Talent
Rules & Regulations
- Acts will be allotted no more than FIVE (5) MINUTES to perform.
Acts will be PENALIZEDif time is exceeded.
- Participants may only perform ONEtime during the show. Any participant who participates in more than one performance will disqualify BOTH
- NOprofanity or vulgar lyrics in any vocal performance or dance music. No political messaging is allowed. This is a family show!!!
- NOnudity allowed! Keep attire at a respectable and tasteful level. NO alcohol, tobacco, or drug advertisements are to be shown on any clothing.
- NOpyrotechnics, open flames or any other dangerous additions.
- Baton-twirlers or similar acts using batons, machetes, knives etc., will not be accepted. No fire, smoke or smoke-effect will be allowed on stage at any time.
- A Sound Technician and microphone(s) will be provided. Acts MUST provide their own recorded music, instruments, props, etc., if needed. Recorded music MUST be on a CD or USB flash drive in an acceptable format (i.e. MP3 or WAV file).
- EVERYparticipant MUST submit a recording of the performance they intend to do. NO changes to music selection will be accepted without prior approval!
- Winners should allow at least 3 WEEKS for prize checks to be disbursed.
- Show organizers are not responsible for theft/damage or injury of any kind, to persons or instruments, props, clothing etc., during, before or after the performance.
- Organizers reserve the right to remove an act from stage if they deem the contestant has broken a rule or the material is not appropriate.
- All entries MUST be submitted with all required materials by 5:00 pm on or before October 1, 2018 to be considered. Any entries submitted after that will not be accepted.
- Any entry under the age of 18 MUST have an parental permission and an adult in attendance with them at all times during the contest.
- Any entry not providing the required documents and information to event organizers by deadlines provided may be disqualified.
- Professionals are NOT permitted to compete. This includes Union musicians and anyone whose principle source of income is from their talent. Compensation for performing at weddings, etc. does not constitute principle source of income.
Permission for Photography
For valuable consideration received, I grant to City of Avondale and Goosebump Marketing & Events (“Photographer”) the absolute and irrevocable right and unrestricted permission concerning any photographs that he/she has taken or may take of me or in which I may be included with others, to use, reuse, publish, and republish the photographs in whole or in part, individually or in connection with other material, in any and all media now or hereafter known, including the internet, and for the marketing or promotional purposes; and to use my name in connection with any use of the photographs. Photographer shall not use these photographs for resale. I release and discharge Photographer from any and all claims and demands that may arise out of or in connection with the use of the photographs, including without limitation any and all claims for libel or violation of any right of publicity or privacy.
NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE TO THESE RULES!
Rules are subject to change at the sole discretion of the Talent Show organizers.